I have received a B.S in Early Childhood Education from Alabama State University. I received my M.E in Early Childhood Education at the University of West Alabama.
I have been teaching a total of 22 years and 21 years at Pine Level Elementary.
My name is Seana Guilford-Belser. I have been married for several years to Cedrek Belser. I have 3.5 children. My oldest daughter (Che'la) graduated from the University of South Alabama, My son (Sean) graduated from Alabama A&M University, My step-son (Myles) graduated from the University of South Alabama and lastly my daughter (Neah) is a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I have a 6 year old grandson named Caiden and he keeps me on my toes. :)
Week at A Glance-Kindergarten
- introduce letters Uu & Vv and their sounds
- review sight words: where, come, what, said, was, yellow, blue, green, here, go, from, one, two, three, four, five, are, that, do, they, you, of, look, see, me, with, she, he, for, we, my, like, have, is, to, a, the, little, I, am
- identify the beginning, middle & ending sound in CVC words
- decoding and reading CVC words
- decomposing numbers 11-19
- review addition & subtraction
- Leader in Me Habit #7: Sharpen the Saw
- living things
Week At A Glance-First Grade
Story for week- “Peter’s Chair”
Phonics Skills: * Compound Words: (examples: rainbow, snowman)
*Vowel Digraphs: ue, ew, ui (examples: clue, new, suit)
Grammar Skill: Adjectives for How Many and Articles
High-Fr equency Words:
picture, remember, room, stood, thought
backpack, outside, baseball, herself, flashlight, bluebird, lunchbox, suitcase, inside, brainstorm
Topic 13- Telling Time
Mark Your Calendar
- Wed., Apr. 14 – Report Cards are passed out between 1-1:45 pm
- Please continue to put your child on Lexia Core 5 daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Study sight word cards daily for 10 minutes.
- Have your child read the stories to you in the Reader’s and Writer’s workbook until they can read them independently.
- Please make sure you tap the attendance button daily in schoology.
Kindergarten/First Grade Resources
You can use these anytime or for any school closings for Coronavirus.
Check Schoology Daily
Read with or to your child at least 10 minutes a day.
You will need to know your teacher’s email. The student will need their username and password. These have been given to you.
8:00- Morning Routines
9:00-10:00- Reading Block (M0n.-Tues.)
10:00-11:00- Math (Wed.)
10:30-11:30 am-Tuesday Reading/Testing Lesson Zooms
11:30-12:00 pm- Wednesday Math lesson Zooms
Friday- Spelling Test Recording